COMMUNITY WORKS DESIGN GROUP (CWDG) is seeking at least one awesome candidate to grow with our all-star team in our Southern California-based workshop!
CWDG is an outside-of-the-box, shmedium-sized firm with an emphasis on creating community-oriented outdoor places, such as parks of all sizes, school/ university campus spaces, museums, libraries, restaurants, single and multi-family residential, and much more. We are a diverse team of talented individuals, bringing our unique qualifications and niches together to create great projects. Some examples of our staff members’ broad range of specialties include accessibility planning, hand and 3-d rendering, irrigation design and auditing, skate park design, playground safety, sustainablility/ LEED, and construction management, just to name a lot.
Picture yourself landscape-architecturing in our former art studio/ gallery, where we enjoy an open studio floorplan with 30′ ceilings, a multitude of indoor plants, lots of natural light from skylights and floor-to-ceiling windows… oh, and most importantly, we have an indoor spiral slide connecting our mezzanine to the studio floor!
Our inland location of Riverside puts you smack-dab in the middle of all of the fabled environs Southern California has to offer. We are an hour-ish away from famous beaches, ski resorts, and deserts alike. There are also several dining options within walking distance of our downtown office. We are about a mile and a half inland of the 91 Freeway and the Metrolink commuter rail.
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US. Tell us about yourselves!
Just like all of the other job postings you’ve already reviewed, we have a handful of “must haves”:
- BLA or MLA degree with motivation toward licensure (we won’t hold it against you if you have already conquered the LARE)
- Black-belt level skills in all industry-standard software (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, SketchUp, calculator, etc.)
- Ability to both self-perform tasks AND discern what can and should be delegated to junior staff
- Self-driven, service-oriented personality
- The level of creativity that naturally guided you away from Civil Engineering coursework
- Working knowledge of California-friendly plant materials
- Ability to catch and correct their own mistkaes*
CWDG offers a notably competitive salary and benefits package to deserving superstars like yourselves, whom can successfully demonstrate how they go above and beyond the minimum qualifications in this posting.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY! No self-addressed, stamped envelope needed. Simply e-mail a PDF version of your resume, along with a diverse sampling of your work (virus-free Dropbox or equal link is preferred for portfolios over 10 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org . (Yes, the .fun domain is legit.)
NO phone calls, please! And while we are indifferent to faxing or snail-mailing, we are adamantly against wasting paper.